Please ensure that your wallet address is actually correct and actually has a non-zero balance (you can verify using a Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, DASH, Dogecoin, EOS, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, NEM, NEO, QTUM, Ripple, Stellar, TRON or Zcash block explorer). Wallets often generate a fresh receive address for every transaction to protect your privacy (more details), so instead of adding your latest receive address (which has zero balance), you will need to add your xPub address (described below).
Adding Local Wallet
The easiest way to track all the transactions for a local wallet that you have is by adding the extended public (xPub) key for that wallet. These are available for Bitcoin based chains (e.g. BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, DOGE, ZEC). You can add an xPub key here. You can find instructions to find your xPub key from common wallets below.
- Login to the latest version of Desktop app
- Select the three dots on the top right corner and choose Export XPub:
3. Your xPub keys will be exported your Desktop in a .txt file within a folder called exodus-exports, which you can then copy
See here for more details on Exodus xPub.
- Download the desktop app and login
- Select Wallet (left pane)
- Select the down arrow at the top right corner and select Account Details
On mobile you can select a wallet and then go into the settings to get the same Account Details (on Android it is in the three dots on the top right corner of the screen).
You can use the Mnemonic Phrase instructions below as a fall back option.
- Login to the desktop app
- From the top toolbar select Wallet > Master Public Keys
As a fall back, you can go to View > Show Addresses and then navigate to the Addresses tab (at the top of the page) to see the full list of addresses historically used.
KeepKey requires using the command line to retrieve your xPub keys:
Unfortunately BRD wallet does not display your xPub key, so you can use the Mnemonic Phrase instructions below.
As a fall back option, you can instead click into your wallet(s) and then you should see all the individual addresses used which can be added individually following the instructions at the bottom of the page. For ETH, since there is only one address, you can look up the received address for ETH only (doesn't work for BTC, BCH, LTC).
- Click Settings > Wallets & Addresses (from bottom left)
- Click Manage (will need to repeat for each wallet you have)
- Click More Options > Show xPub (on the righthand side)
From Mnemonic Phrase
You can use a tool like this to generate your xPub key from your mnemonic phrase that some wallets generate when you create a new wallet. To do this:
1. Enter the phrase in the BIP39 Mnemonic field
2. Copy the xPub key generated from the Account Extended Public Key field
Regular Public Address
If your wallet does not support xPub, you can add your wallet's public address. If you have other coins in cold wallets which we do not yet support, please let us know which ones so we can prioritize adding local wallet support for those blockchains. In the short term, you can mark any outgoing/incoming transaction from an exchange to a non-tracked cold/local wallet as a "transfer" using the down arrow next to the transaction from the Transactions page.
Note: we do not yet support bc1 prefixed BTC addresses. If you need support for these, please let us know via Intercom chat.